Further and Higher Education
Further and higher education offers a wide range of qualifications for young people who have achieved at Level 3 and wish to continue to study either full or part time.
When you finish school, college or an apprenticeship you could do a Foundation Degree, Higher National Certificate (HNC), or Higher National Diploma (HND) at a college or university. You can also study for a full Degree.
Higher level apprenticeships are also now available.
All are aimed at:
- improving your subject knowledge and skills to a higher level
- specialising in an area of interest
- studying a new subject at a higher level
- training for a specific career
- improving your long term career options
- improving job opportunities and earning potential.
Universities and colleges (when studying HE) charge different tuition fees for full-time undergraduate study.
- Most students get a Tuition Fee Loan to cover the costs.
- There are grants and loans that might help you with living costs too (like rent, food and books etc).
- If you’d like to pay your tuition fees yourself you sort that out directly with the university or college.
University UCAS Applications
For information about tracking your application and the different types of offers you may receive please click here
For information about clearing please click here
If you need some guidance or help about what to do next after results day; try calling the UCAS helpline 0808 100 8000 open from 13th August or visit their Facebook page